Sunday, March 29, 2020

Welcome Jadeed

I've admired the guy since my friend acquired him for her breeding program. When the time came for her to geld and sell him I told her I was interested and would come up in a few weeks to try him out.  Apprarently she got tired of the weirdos asking about him and offered to just give him to me knowing I would give him a good forever home or return him if things didn't work out or something happened to me. So Monet and I made a last minute plan to run up and collect him and her new pony last weekend.

So far things are going pretty well.  He definitely doesn't like standing water/puddles but otherwise he's ridden pretty good for me.  He's on the lazy side so you've got to show him you can really make him go but other than that things are good. Riesling has been a bully to him so he's now terrified of Ries which makes things a little tricky at times.  But hopefully that will improve over time.

And now that I have a lot of free weekends and nowhere to go ever I should have time to get both boys ready to try out on trails later this summer.  If we ever get released from our homes.

He lost some weight with his surgery, so we are working on fattening him up a little.  Which he is on board with.






 These are from when he was younger.





No comments: