Saturday, August 21, 2010

You know you are a veterinarian when...

Just some things for you all to ponder!

You know you are a veterinarian when...

1) you have had anal glands sprayed in your face
2) you have had dewormer sprayed in your face
3) you have had bordetella vaccine (you guessed it) sprayed in your face
4) you have tasted one or more liquid medications because they smell good
5) you have accidentally vaccinated yourself for rabies, distemper, parvo, feline leukemia...
6) you have contracted one or more zoonotic diseases
7) you have sniffed bodily fluids in a cage in order to find out if it's urine or vomit (this can be important information!)
8) you can't sew on a button or repair a hole in clothing without a needle drivers and thumb forceps
9) you think a/d smells good, especially when you are hungry
10) you often bring up inappropriate topics at the dinner table
11) a perfect stranger (aka client) shows you their wound or rash, and also shares with you the story of their colonoscopy
12) you have a greater fear of chihuahuas than pit bulls
13) you choose a breed of dog to own based on how accessible it's veins are
14) you have an overwhelming desire to look in the mouth of every animal you meet to check it's teeth
15)you have yelled angry things at a uterus while trying locate it during a spay

6 comments:

Sue said...

Or if you're not a vet, you've lived too long with animals. I've experienced 7 of those.

Braymere said...

I'm not a vet either but I a lifetime with animals takes its toll. I was able to relate to a lot of the things on your list!

Sara said...

1-6 are why I could never be a vet.

Chris and Ricky said...

LOL! Great list! Mom wanted to be a vet when she was a kid - now she's relieved she didn't pursue it! :)

LauraK said...

Those are great! I think a lot of us can relate to some of those from previous jobs, or just living with animals for so long. But, I don't think any of us would change it for the world! I know I wouldn't :)

tervnmal said...

Too funny! I've done some of those things, too, and I'm a newspaper editor! Thanks for the laughs.