A belated holiday gift from Borderblog...
1. Client presented with a cat in a carrier for a skin condition or wound (can't remember). I guess they thought we would not be getting the cat out of the carrier because they suggested we get a flashlight to shine in so we could see it better.
2. A client walked into the veterinary clinic to ask some questions about fleas and her pet. She asked if an RN was available to talk with her. When advised that there were none present but that she could speak with the veterinarian she replied with "well, I guess that will have to do." Really? What did she expect?
3. Client described to me in great detail all about the gay sex her dogs have and could that be a cause of the pet's current issue. In the lobby. In front of other clients. It was like a train wreck where you just can't look away.
4. Random person walks in requesting to buy Ivermectin because the feed store is closed (it was a non-holiday Thursday morning-hmmm). Upon further questioning he said he needed it because his cat had a bladder worm. He knows this because he saw her pee it out on the carpet and he picked it up in his hand and it was still wiggling. He also went on to explain that bladder worms are very rare and usually need to be removed by surgery. He acknowledged that although he know the Ivermetin would not cure his cat it would at least help. Given that absolutely none of that is true (including the existence of bladder worms) we did not sell him any ivermectin. I don't know if this person was really off his rocker or had concocted a very elaborate scheme to procure ivermectin for some unknown reason.
All of these were answers in the "breed" section of new patient forms. No editing has been performed.
1. pom, puddle, dotsun, sitsu (yes, all for one dog, exactly as written)
2. taco bell dog
3. pocket beagle
5. southern husky (this one was actually over the phone)
And as a special treat, this episode of "the unusual" has a choose your own adventure section. In my list of ideas for this post I had a note about "alien control" but for the life of me can't remember the story that goes with that. But, I'm sure it's a good one so use your own imagination!
As a side note, how disturbing is it that my career is so strange I can't remember a story about aliens?
FINAL PIZZA CLUB on WEDNESDAY
1 day ago