Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Berries

Three years ago I attempted to grow my own raspberries and three years later the plants that managed to survive despite all my hard work have produced about a total of two dozen berries. So last year I decided to also try blackberries. In only their second summer the three plants I set out have gone crazy and are almost producing more berries right now than I can eat by myself. Someday I hope the raspberry bushes do as well but in the meantime here are some pictures of my blackberry crop.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Mmmm, I'm so jealous. I love blackberries!

Anonymous said...

The blackberries look great. Hope there is still some when I come to visit. Maybe you could freeze me a few.
MOM

Anonymous said...

They have come a long way from those twigs you planted. How about trying some strawberries.

Dad