Saturday, September 4, 2010

Summer time

While browsing Petfinder (dangerous, I know)  I happened to notice that the Columbia Humane Society had a Flemish Giant rabbit listed on their site.  Since we were going to Columbia this weekend anyway (that's another post) we decided to check it out.  I'm thinking she's actually a Flemish mix, because even though she may have some more growing to do, she's not nearly as big as Spring.  But she's super cute, friendly, curious, and probably tired of living in a small cage at the humane society, so we packed her up and took her home. 

We are calling her "Summer" because 1) "Fluffers" was a truly terrible name, and 2) everyone knows Summer comes after Spring.  Now to get her litter trained...

8 comments:

Sue said...

Very cute. I'm glad you have another bunny.

Chris and Ricky said...

Glad to hear that you got another bunny and Summer is the perfect name!

Diana said...

She is very cute! Congrats on your new bunny. Diana

Ellie said...

Bunny!

I love the large breeds. I had a French Lop as a kid; he followed me around like a dog. Someday I'd love to have another.

LauraK said...

What a sweet little thing :) She's very lucky to have a spacious, loving home now. I love the name, very cute!

tervnmal said...

She's adorable. I'm happy for both of you!

manymuddypaws said...

awww, congrats on the new addition. she is super cute. love the color

Amy / Layla the Malamute said...

She's beautiful! My first rabbit ever was a Flemish mix. It's so nice when someone knows rabbit breeds. It gets old when you ask people - adults - what kind of rabbit they have and they say "Easter Bunny."