Monday, November 22, 2010

Dog torture

If you can believe it these are better of the group photos I tried to take the other day.  Don't they look sort of miserable?  Goofy dogs.  I didn't even bother to clean them up with photoshop.  I'll try for a better group shot on another day.  I just posted them because I have nothing else to post about today. 


 This is a pretty decent action shot of Zodiac though-my little herding boy!  Keeping the girls in line!
Speaking of the girls they have both been working weave poles this week and doing pretty well.  Legend is making a greater effort to get the entrance even is she has to work at it, no more just slipping in where it's convenient.  We shall see how it goes this weekend. 

Poor Zodiac is not getting much tracking time-what else is now.  It's either too cold or I'm too short on time to be out laying tracks.  I know, I'm a wimp.  But he doesn't seem to mind too much.

In other news we have a little dilemma.  We were leaving all the dogs uncrated in the bedroom during the day but we got tired of Zodiac rooting around on the bed, getting hair all over.  Plus sometimes he pawed so hard he was making holes in the sheets!  Se we got a couple of dog beds and put them in the spare room, where the bunny lives.  There is also a futon in there, window to look out, rabbit to watch, plenty of creature comforts.  I guess this is not acceptable to Zodiac because he knocks down the baby gate every day.  I tried just leaving them loose in the house all day and shutting our bedroom door but came home to find the couch covered in hair.  I think we will have get one of those baby gates that bolt to the door.  I know I could just crate him but I hate having a big ugly wire crate in the house ( he won't stay in the soft sided one anymore).  Plus he's almost 10-it's nice if he can just be out and enjoy himself...within reason!

8 comments:

Sue said...

Sounds like Tsar. He can't be crated and he takes baby gates apart. Fortunately, he'll stay quietly in the office and not touch anything so if we have to confine him, we can.

Sara said...

My dogs always tend to look pretty miserable in posed photos too, no matter how much "happy talk" I try!

Chris and Ricky said...

Me too - I am not a poser!! But Zodiac looks particularly unhappy in the photos!

Hope you come up with a good daytime solution soon!

tervnmal said...

Ha-ha, I tried taking the Christmas card pic over the weekend with similar results. Beaten and abused dogs. So sad.

But that's a lovely action pic of Zodiac.

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

Love the picture of everyone together. I am impressed your dogs respect the baby gate enough to think they have to knock it down....we have the tallest baby gates I can find and they go over them, except Liz who knows how to grab the handle in her teeth and push down then lift the gate and open it....ahhhhhh, I feel your pain with trying to deceide what to do with the doggies while you are gone.

Anonymous said...

i have a babygate that attaches to the door frame- i love it. I don't have to step over it, or move it. It's been great.

amanda

Teje said...

Vof, I'm Nero from Crete! I think you look nice together but for us it's also better to be alone in photos. Especially my 'sister' gets very nervous if she has to be model!
You look all so beautiful and spending wonderful time!
Sunny kisses from Nero

Border Collie Mom said...

Put your camera on a tripod and shoot lots of pictures. Then use photoshop to take the best picture of each and merge it into one photo. Who can get three dogs in one shot!