Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Winter, Ozarks style

Yesterday the forecast called for any variety of freezing precipitation to fall during the afternoon and evening.  I left work at 3:00, before it got "bad" and it took me an hour and a half to make the normally 35 minute drive home.  Luckily for me the truck did great and only slipped once as I turned on to our street.  Others were not so lucky and I even saw Nadin's school but stuck on a hill, but it managed to get on over and she arrived home only a few minutes before me-about double her usual bus time.  Conditions continued to deteriorate with some people having 3 hour drives home!  Jerry missed his window to get out of town before the chaos and has a brand new car.  Lucky for him a former coworker was in town at the hotel near his work so he stayed the night there and the three of them got to use the Pizza bowl tickets that we were supposed to use.  Nadin and I settled for whatever I could cook at home.

And then the most exciting thing that can happen to kids in the winter occurred-we got the call that school was cancelled for today.  And she got to enjoy her first "ice day" since we really didn't get any snow.  Shortly after that Springfield called off school and that meant I got to stay home today too!

I spent most of the day giving the house a good cleaning and bathing and brushing Zodiac.  Both things that were very much needed.

I did find a little time to spend outside and take some pics of our house guest.  We are puppy-sitting this MOKAN dog for Cheri while she soaks up the sun in Costa Rica.  His name is Trace and he's about 5 months old.  He's a pretty good boy but likes to play with his food bowls and is quite interested in cats.  Also loves herding Legend and belly rubs.
 I don't know why they always to pull her hair.







No comments: