Monday, February 26, 2018

Runs with Dogs

Saturday I did my first 5k of the year.  We did the polar bear run which has been historically dog friendly.  I took Legend with me and we finished in about 28:30 which was good enough for 2nd in my age group, and not bad for a 12 year old dog!  We were about 3 minutes faster last year but I didn’t push either of us.

Today Epic went on a 5.5 mile run with me.  It was a bigger step up than I had planned so we took a walk break in the middle but overall he seemed to do ok.  Plus it was a little warmer today.  He gets to run his first 5K this upcoming weekend.  I think he will be a big help in my half marathon training this spring. 

2 comments:

Helen said...

Good for you. I wish you lived near me. I need a training partner to get me in shape.

Knotty Toys For Good Dogs said...

Wagnificient work!
Congratulations to you both.
Good luck to Epic in his 1st 5K!

Nose nudges,
CEO Olivia