Monday, April 30, 2018

Sniffing weekend

This weekend we had a "local" trial.  It's a few hours away but I decided since I'm going to be gone a lot this spring I would just drive back and forth.  Friday Legend got to be the test dog for the elite trial, which was really run and then I volunteered.  Weather and views of the lake were great.

Sunday we competed in NW3.  Weather and views still great. Somehow we managed to get tripped up in interiors, and containers got me again.  What I've learned is that my gut is way more accurate than my mouth!  We nailed vehicles and took third place and had a solid outing in exteriors.  I'm not sure if I'll enter another NW3.  This has cost us a lot of time and money and heartbreak.  It's fun, but at Legend's age I may be better off focusing on some other venues for now, especially as my ability to travel and be gone long weekends will be a bit hampered for the next year (more info coming!).  I would like to get to Elite someday, but maybe that's a goal we will save for Epic!

No comments: