Tuesday, February 12, 2008

And More Ice





The rain from last night put a smooth layer of glass on the ice we already had and pretty much turned our back yard into a skating rink. And dogs apparently do not like to ice skate! Even fearless Legend changed her mind about heading out in the mess last night. Taking them outside to potty is quite an ordeal with the deck stairs and the slippery yard. Poor Oreo pretty much just falls down the stairs and then ends up splay legged in the yard several times before coming back in. I think here in Ozark we actually have more ice than we did during last year's ice storm-even our walk through garage door is frozen shut. Our driveway and the street out to one of the main roads is also solid ice but once you get past that first 1/2 mile everything was ok. However the UPS didn't make it out that half mile-he's been stuck just up the road for awhile now. We don't seem to have much damage or broken trees though-just a few branches so far that I have noticed. Here are some of the pictures I took today on my one adventure outside
AGILITY WONDERLAND























ICICLES HANGING OFF THE DOGWALK




THE ICE IS THICKER THAN THE TREES


























2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I am from Missouri, and as much as I hate not having a 'true' winter here in Houston, I'm so glad I don't have to worry about getting to work on ice. From here I can admire how beautiful it looks, without the angst of driving in it!

manymuddypaws said...

Great Pictures! I love the ice on the dogwalk~