Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Vacation

We arrived back home late Sunday night. We had a good time on our trip and could easily have filled another week with stuff to do. I have posted some of our favorite pictures from the trip.

This photo is of Rainbow Falls which is I think the tallest waterfall in Great Smoky Mountain National Park. It's about a 5.5 mile round trip to see it, which got kind of long going up but it was worth it when we got there. Tennessee is having a drought so I'm sure it's even better after a good rain.
This is a picture someone took for us at a scenic overlook on our way to our white water rafting trip. However since there is low water right now the rafting was not very exciting. We spend a lot of time pushing the raft off the rocks instead of flying down the rapids. Our guide had to get out and drag the boat several times. We did a discount though.
There is only one trail you can take dogs on in the park and here is Oreo off the side of trail hanging out at the river. It was a nice flat, scenic trail so we got to take our time and make several stops along the river. He seemed to enjoy it and we were able to get back to the car before he got too hot and tired.
This is a deer right along the side of the road at Cades Cove-one of the most scenic areas of the park.
Here is a fawn we saw with it's mother along the road but I can't remember where.
This is probably our favorite picture. It was taken at a smaller waterfall we passed on our way to Rainbow Falls.
Here are Oreo and I along the doggie trail.
These last three are all along the Cades Cove area-I said it was very scenic didn't I!



I'll probably be posting more photos over the next few weeks-we have a ton!

4 comments:

Mary said...

We went to rainbow falls on our honeymoon. It was beautiful, despite hiking in the rain

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures! I'm glad you got a break and it looks like a really fun trip! You don't need kids...the dogs are way too pampered!

KT

Diana said...

We use to live in Knoxville , Tn. I loved going to Cades cove. My kids loved Dollywood. Im glad you had a good time. Diana

Melissa said...

Your waterfall pictures are gorgeous! Looks like a wonderful vacation! I am really enjoying reading all the stories of your pets. I had forgotten about a few of them!