Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Getting old is tough

Oreo is sick. He's been picking at his food for a few days. Yesterday day he only ate a little and today he turned up his nose at canned i/d and only wanted treats. Plus he's been vomiting little puddles around the house. I was hoping it was just a little GI bug but I was wrong. I checked a blood panel at work today and his kidney values have elevated (he's been living with chronic renal disease for 2 years). They are not too bad though and I am hoping that some anti-nausea meds and a day or two of IV fluids will get him back on track for a while longer. We may have adjust his meds or add some new ones in once he gets feeling better but hopefully this is just a minor setback. At least he gets to be sick at home though. Although he's pretty upset about being stuck in the crate instead of wherever me and the other dogs are. Please send some well wishes our way.

8 comments:

Diana said...

Poor Oreo. Keeping our fingers crossed that things get better. Diana

Sara said...

Poor baby Oreo. I hope this is just a setback, and that he is feeling better soon.

It is so heartbreaking when they don't want to eat.

Positive, healing thoughts comings your way.....

manymuddypaws said...

poor oreo- it sucks to feel sick!!! sending lots of healing vibes his way!

Chris and Ricky said...

Sorry to hear about Oreo! We are sending good thoughts his way!

Sue said...

Healing wishes x10 plus one from our house.

Paint Girl said...

I am so sorry to hear that Oreo isn't feeling good. I hope he gets better real soon, and I'll keep sending good thoughts your way!

Dianne said...

Lots of hugs and get-well kisses are on their way from the whole pack at BritKnitterville.

Valeri said...

Sending good thoughts your way...