Saturday, July 25, 2009

One day at at time

That's how we are taking it right now. Despite 3 days of IV fluids Oreo's renal values failed to improve. Wednesday seemed like a good day but Thursday he was lifeless and barely eating. We had prepared for the worst but Friday night he seemed to perk up and ate a bunch of junk food-hot dog, cat food, chicken nuggets and played with a new squeaky toy. So we decided to just keep feeding him fun stuff and as long as he finds joy in eating something and seems to feel good enough to follow me around and show some interest in life then we will just enjoy what time time we have left. I took out his catheter today because the vein was getting inflamed and I'm only giving him the meds that I think he gets the most immediate and direct benefits from. I think tonight we will watch a movie and just hang out. Please keep us in your thoughts.

7 comments:

Sue said...

I know how hard this is for you. I've been there too recently. If there is anything I can do, I'm only a phone call away.

Soon to be Dr. T said...

My thoughts are with the both of you.

I'm so sorry you're going through this.

manymuddypaws said...

aww, I am so sorry for you. enjoy the time you have. my thoughts are with you guys.

Anonymous said...

Mom, Jackie, and I are thinking of you. Enjoy the time you have left with the Oreo. We are only a call away.

Love,

Daddy

Sara said...

I'll be thinking of you. I know how hard these days can be. Take care.

Dianne said...

These are the hardest of days. I'm thinking of you all. Hugs.

Diana said...

Thinking of you all at this hard time. Diana