Monday, February 21, 2011

It's not child abuse if...

1.  She goes in herself

2.  She shuts the door

3.  She has an iPhone with her.


















In the less cute division I had a "first" at work today.  Everyone probably realizes that there a lot of unpleasant smells in my line of work.  But of all of them, the one that makes me sick to my stomach is dog poop.  The worse the poop, the more I don't handle it well.  Today we had a sick dog in that had a major blow out of diarrhea.  I tried to help clean up but after spending approximately 2 seconds in the room I literally almost threw up and ran out.  My poor tech had to clean it all up while I tried to clean off the dog.  I've suffered through a lot of parvo and other nastiness but this is the first time I knew I would have actually puked if I had stayed in that room!  Fortunately the dog is much better and went home. 

6 comments:

Diana said...

When my kids were little they loved to play in the dog kennel. We had on of those big plastic ones.

Sara said...

You have excellent timing....Oprah is interviewing the "Girl who was kept in a cage" on her show today!

My nephew has crawled into Oreo's crate too.

Chris and Ricky said...

LOL! Definitely not child abuse!

Sue said...

I have that reaction to dog vomit. We divide labor. I clean up poop and Rob handles the vomit.

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

OOOH, when I was working as a nurse people diarrhea, like when people have GI bleeds could really get me and so hard to look professional and try not to act like it is bothering you....you have my sympathy ;-). What cute pictures, I was just watching the Oprah about the girl kept in a crate, but she wasin the basement and had no iphone, hey, cometo think of it I dont have an iphone!!! What a cutie.

Kristen said...

I need to pay attention to your blog more... and purchase a kennel. This is hilarious. :D