Thursday, February 9, 2012

Together Again

We sent Jelly to join her long lost sister, Peanut Butter, early Wednesday morning.
I happened to wake up around 4:00 Wednesday and Legend wanted to go out (unusual for her).  While I was waiting for her I checked on Jelly and found her coated in drool and vomit and struggling to breathe.  I don't know what caused her sudden decline but I knew there was really one decision to make.  Jerry stayed with her while I make a quick trip to the clinic for the medications that would put her at peace.

I was curious what a necropsy might show, but 4:30 on a Wednesday morning was not a convenient time for such a project, so I just let it go.  Wouldn't change anything anyway.  I really feel like she probably had cancer but I just don't know where.  Maybe something will show up on the biopsies.

We are sad now, but in the long run it's probably for the best. It probably would not have been been that wonderful for her to live another 5-10 years in the garage and we had reservations about putting a house cat of that age to live in the barn.  But now she is catching mice with PB across the Rainbow Bridge, or just basking in the sun...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about Jelly. I will always remember the anxious moments when we all thought she got lost while moving into your house. Jelly will always have a place in our thoughts. Love

Dad & Mom

Karissa said...

So very sorry for your loss. I'm glad you were able to be there for her.

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

I am so sorry to hear that -but so glad you were there for her and so glad she was surrounded by love and glad for her to be at peace. I am very sorry for your loss (((hugs)))

tervnmal said...

So sorry you lost your beautiful girl.

Elizabeth said...

So sorry for your loss.

ErinShanendoah said...

So sorry for your loss.

Diana said...

Oh Im so sorry about Jelly.