Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Color Run 2015

A group of us did the color run again this year.  It was equally as crowded as last year and very much disorganized.  We got there early, lined up relatively close to the start line and still waited an hour because they were just letting people from sidewalks and side streets squeeze in out of turn.  And of course a ton of people show up to just walk this event so even though you start in waves if you are jogging you still hit tons of congestion.  Although it was still kind of fun I don't think we will be doing it again unless there are significant changes or a good reason to go.  The novelty has kind of worn off for me.  Plus, before the race started I tripped over a pole going to meet one of the girls at check in and fell hard on the sidewalk scraping up and bruising my hands, knee, leg and shoulder.  Which left me bleeding and sore the whole time we waited in line.  On the plus side (?) I am still sporting some color, well the colors of 4 day old bruises anyway.



Fortunately you can't see my blood very much in the pictures.  And we didn't seem to get as colorful this year-the stations were crowded and not as well staffed.

No comments: