Saturday, May 9, 2015

Like the rockstar she is...

Legend passed all 8 searches at the Nosework trial today earning her Level one Element Specialty Title in both containers and vehicles!  She worked really well and gave very solid alerts. She was a little less confident acting in one of the container searches but it still took her less than a minute. She got a borderline call in the last vehicle search (I believe they need to alert within 6 inches of the source) but I would not have been disappointed even if we didn't get it. Overall I was really pleased with how she did. We are looking forward to our next shot at our NW1. 

In more stressful news I am almost finished with my volunteer coordinator job. Thursday night I was pretty stressed about all the stuff that needed done the next morning, and the fact that I didn't really know what I was doing and the fact that Judy, our host and my instructor who talked me into this was trialing and we were having a substitute host that I had just met! But everyone was super nice and helpful. All the volunteers were seasoned competitors who assured me I was doing great and that everything would be fine. No matter how rainy it was or how tired they got, everyone was always willing to step up and help out when needed. At the end of the day though I went back to my hotel and collapsed! Now, just one more day to get through!

No comments: