Sunday, September 13, 2015

Weekend activities

Friday night we went to the Japanese Festival here at the Botanical gardens.  This was a recommended cultural event so we decided to give it a try.  The weather was nice and the gardens pretty but overall this is a pretty overrated event.  I certainly don't understand why anyone would need to purchase the weekend pass option.  There were some native dance and music demonstrations as well as a few children's activities and a booth or two selling bonsai trees and festival t-shirts.  And they lit lanterns around and in the gardens and water.

These are just low light cell phone photos, but you get the idea.








Would be a pretty place to go back and take photos during the day.

Saturday I got up early and went to run a 10k.  I put in a respectable and pretty comfortable 55:05 for third place in my group.  Of course, this race was timed by Act Now Racing who never posts results before awards ceremony and always takes forever to get the ceremony started.  I just went ahead and left before I know where I placed because we had other plans so now I'm trying to see if I can still pick up my medal.

After heading home for a shower and snack, the three of us headed out for a much anticipated trip to Silver Dollar City.  Unfortunately the perfect weather and the fact that it was Cox hospital employee and volunteer day made it super, super crowded.  We did a little looking around and managed to get in only 3 rides because of all the lines.  But Nadin loved the rides and is excited to go back and do more of them, as well as see the Christmas light display they have during the holidays.
Today we are just hanging out and catching up on housework, homework, football, agility, reading and relaxing.

No comments: