Sunday, January 29, 2017

Riot update

The little guy has been a fighter and has had a tough time of it.  Yesterday his temperature was normal and he was feeling fairly spry and started drinking water so I thought maybe he was turning the corner.  But by afternoon he was vomiting a lot and acting painful.  We took some radiographs but didn't see anything too exciting.  This morning his fever was back so we added in a third antibiotic and increased his fluid rate.  He has responded pretty well to that and looks a little better this afternoon.  On the plus side, he's only vomited once today and is tolerating the syringe feeding of a liquid diet very well. 

And I have been doing a lot of laundry.  I have a whole new respect for all my techs who have ever had to take care of a parvo pup now!

2 comments:

K-Koira said...

I've thankfully never had to look after a dog with parvo. I've heard that it is heartbreaking and disgusting and involved never ending laundry. Hope Riot pulls through.

Blogger said...

New Diet Taps into Pioneering Plan to Help Dieters Lose 20 Pounds within Just 21 Days!