Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Rained out


Agility class was rained out again today. Actually it has rained all day-very depressing. Anyway, Jerry is in Chicago for business so I decided to take some of my unexpected free time to get some obedience training done-we have been letting that slide lately. Zodiac has been working on scent discrimination using "sock games" which sounds odd but so far has been working well and since you make a game out of it he loves it. I lock the other dogs up and so it's like a special play time for him. Then we worked on signals-he's pretty good at the signals but he always anticipates what's next. He's actually always done that so Rally was really good for him because you are not always doing the same thing in the same order and he had to learn to really pay attention. I also worked with Legend on reviewing some flatwork for agility since we couldn't go outside and on a little obedience. I'm not really sure what I have planned for her in obedience. She loves to work and picks up on stuff really fast but she has too much enthusiasm to contain herself in the ring sometimes. And I don't want her to focus so much on control and obedience that it lessens her speed and drive for agility. I know there are lots of dogs that do great in both, I just don't know if I have the time to train her to excel in both so we mainly focus on agility for now and try to work on Zodiac in obedience. They are both entered in Rally in June though.

And if anyone is wondering Spring has continued to recover well from her spay-she must have had a good surgeon :) She is back to shredding paper like crazy and stringing her toys all over her pen. She is also doing great on her litter box training. I don't even lock her in her cage anymore.
The picture for today is just a random choice because I don't have anything better to post.

2 comments:

Diana said...

I had to laugh as I was reading your blog. First I thought Spring was your cat and then as I read down I saw the bunny. It was just funny to me. I agree about the vacuum, Dyson, cost to much. I keep thinking Im going to find the perfect vacuum. But the problem is, vacuuming is work no matter which vaccum you have. And your green grass dog cracked me up. thanks, Diana

Jennifer said...

Me too! I keep thinking if I just had a few more hours in every day I could fit it all in. Seems like obedience/agility/fun stuff gets put of by nasties like paying bills or cleaning the toilet. Hmmm, maybe I just need a maid. :)