Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Old Dogs Pant


They just do. Sometimes I can explain it. Some dogs have heart problems or pulmonary disease or endocrine disease all of which could cause "panting." But sometimes old dogs just pant for no reason. Oreo is one. He has always panted and acted hot a lot but with age it just gets worse.

He pants when it's hot. He pants when it's cold. He pants when he's tired, not tired, anxious, nervous, hungry, thirsty, or bored. Sometimes he wakes up and just suddenly starts panting. This can make it hard to watch TV or sleep but what are you gonna do. Just part of life I guess. I got a sample at the CVC of one of the many "herbal" anxiety remedies that people try to sell. I don't know how well any of those work but they generally appear safe so I thought I'd try it to see if he panted less or slept better. Results were inconclusive. Oh well-we still love him!

This picture was taken the other evening-it's getting dark too soon!

1 comment:

Lapdog Creations said...

lol, yes so true on the panting for no reason! :)

Thanks for stopping by the blog and entering my contest!