Sunday, May 1, 2011

More than half-way

This is weekend four of five trial weekends in a row.  And I'll admit, it started out rough.  First off I have felt a cold coming on all week.  I thought it might not materialize but instead it hit me pretty hard Friday afternoon as the trial started.  Yuck.  Legend didn't help matters by getting NQ's in both runs.  She hasn't done that all year so I guess it had to happen eventually.  The bright spot of the day was Lyric's Q in JWW for MXJ leg #6 and a third place.  Her standard run was something of a disaster.  Plus my head was so foggy I was having trouble remembering the courses.

Saturday got better.  Legend picked up QQ #11 and Lyric had a nice Jumpers run but wiped out a jump-tried to take the standard and everything.  Her standard course was again, a train wreck.  After 4 or 5 faults in the first 8 obstacles I was so tired and aggravated I decided to just cut our losses and leave.  Of course she never knew anything was wrong-she sprinted to her crate and had a celebratory cookie.

The weather was great on Saturday so we all headed to the park after the trial where Legend got to swim in the pond which, I'm sure was the highlight of her weekend.

Today was our best day yet.  Legend QQ'd again for #12-this definitely puts us past the halfway point and she sits at exactly 550 points.  I never would have thought a year ago we would already be this far.  And to think there was a time when I wasn't sure we would ever be this far!  This gives us all our QQ's for nationals and more than half the points.  Nationals are, by the way, in Reno this year.  But we had already predetermined that if she qualifies we would go no matter where they are.  After all you never know when you may get the chance again.  And while we are not there yet I think it looks favorable!

Lyric's high point of the weekend was today's JWW run where she picked up MXJ leg #7 and a second place.  And an interesting point here: Legend ran the JWW course in 33.7 seconds, Lyric ran it in 33.9.  Does anyone else see a problem with this?  I'm proud of Legend and that was a perfectly average run for her but I think she should be embarrassed that she only beat a Pomeranian by 0.2 seconds!  If I could just get her qualifying in standard she'd be a true force to be reckoned with!  Her standard run, by the way, was much better.  She got through all the tricky parts before it fell apart near the end-I actually thought she might Q for a second there!  She will get it though.  And she's having fun, that's for sure.

There were lots of good pictures so I ended up getting a CD of some of their runs.  I really wanted some of Lyric but I had to get some of Legend too!






4 comments:

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

WHOOOO HOOOO, congrats on being half way there and having a great weekend, all in all it sounds great, and lets here it for super fast little dogs!

Diana said...

What a great weekend!!! Congrats! I love the blog header and the last picture of Lyric is awesome!!

Sue said...

The fur is flying in those shots. Congrats on a pretty good weekend.

Chris and Ricky said...

Fabulous weekend - congrats on QQ #12 and 550 points - that is totally awesome!! What an amazing team you and Legend are! I love the action shots of both Legend and Lyric!