Monday, June 23, 2008

Contacts Revisited

I worked Legend again today and let her run the contacts. This may not work out. Now that she feels the freedom of not having to stop she is starting to miss the A-frame contact sometimes but is still doing well on the dogwalk. I guess I'll see how it plays out at the trial this weekend and then I'll have until fall to work on whatever method I choose. She should be easy to get back to 2-on/2-off since she targets well so I'm not concerned about it. And this has been great for her speed over the contacts. It just seems like it's so hard on their legs to fly over the A-frame and then slam to a stop, but then you don't want them to demotivate and slow down because they know the hard stop is coming...I guess that's a veterinarian vs. trainer debate I'll have to work on! Zodiac is gradually doing better at Utility but is still having a motivation problem. Actually he seems relatively unmotivated to do much of anything lately-he's so lazy. But he did some really wonderful go-outs tonight. We had a busy weekend. Saturday I worked and then we mowed grass and watched a movie (Fool's Gold) and went to Orscheln's late night sale to save 20% and then to Wal-mart for a few things. Sunday we went to Silver Dollar and Celebration City with some friends and had a good time. We all topped if off with some Cold Stone Creamery. Yummy!

No comments: