Monday, June 16, 2008

Icy's Teeth


I brought Icy in for a dental today because she had a little tartar on her teeth. As I was cleaning I noticed that both her upper 4th premolars (the biggest teeth in the mouth) were loose. They had no gingivitis or periodontal pockets, just loose. So we took some x-rays and almost all of the root structure of both teeth had resorbed! Cats get weird lesions called Feline Odontoclastic Resorptive Lesions. Usually however they are right where the crown of the tooth meets the the gums and you can see them. Almost never are they this severe without any associated gum disease and a perfectly normal looking crown. So she had to have what remained of both teeth pulled. Here is a picture of her when we got home tonight-she was still looking pretty groggy!


Here are some raspberries from my berry patch. These are the first black raspberries that I have ever produced. And this is the most yellow ones I have had at one time. I have a red bush that is blooming quite a bit this year too. Not to mention more blackberries than any one person could ever eat-off only 3 plants!



1 comment:

Diana said...

Poor Icy. Im glad she is starting to feel better. Diana