Friday, June 20, 2008

Summer Flowers


I taught Legend two-on two-off contacts from the beginning and worked on then consistently to the point that she was really nailing them well (for the most part). But as we have been working on speed over the dogwalk I sometimes don't make her stop and just release her as she gets to the bottom so as to really reward the speed. When I did this I noticed she was doing a beautiful running contact. Today I let her do it several times and she never even thought about bailing off. She even did it nicely on the A-frame. So now I may experiment a little with that. I guess I can always go back to two-on two-off but why stop her if I don't need too??

I just like this picture of Zodiac so I am putting it in even though the post was about Legend. I know everyone loves Legend's colors and she is very photogenic but I think Zodiac is conformationally a more beautiful dog. They're all pretty cute though if you ask me!

Anyway here are some summer flower pictures. My mimosa tree did finally bloom. It didn't seem like it was this late in the year before but maybe it was. Perhaps I should pay more attention to my plants. And the lilies of course are lovely again....




1 comment:

Valeri said...

I am sure Legend's 2o2o Contacts will not suffer if you make her stop and reward it occasionally.