Sunday, October 18, 2009

Congratulations are in order

First of all I'd like everyone to stop by and give a big Congrats to Sue and Fudge and Linda and Chesney. These were both Novice A teams that finished their Rally Novice titles this weekend. I'm so proud of both of them!

As for my troop Zodiac earned leg number #7 on his RAE. He scored a 97 in Excellent and a 96 in Advanced for a 3rd place. His effort in Utility was not much improved from his attempt in July. I think we need to do a lot more proofing and solidify the exercises a little more. Or a lot more actually. But at least we know where we stand.

And as for Legend-she finally finished her CD. It took 3 years, lots of maturing and plenty of tries but in the end she Q'd in 3 straight attempts. Her score was not great, thanks in large part to her on-lead heeling. But she did it, plus we got one of these cool rainbow title ribbons.
After the trial I enjoyed lunch with some friends and then Cheri and I took the dogs hiking in a nearby park. It was a good day but I'm beat.

10 comments:

Sue said...

I'm glad legend earned one of those pretty purple rainbow ribbons to add to your collection.

Thanks for all the support over the past year. You convinced us we could do it. Now on to dog # 2.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. If you are in the Columbia area with the dogs let me know and we can go to the training center together and work on utility. It was great seeing you and Sherri at lunch.

Nancy R

Nicki said...

Thanks Nancy-I'll let you know if we're in the area!

Sue-you're welcome. Who are you going to choose? Norma Jean?

chezsmom said...

I'm glad we all got a pretty rainbow ribbon. Congrats to all. You guys look great, as always!

Diana said...

WhooHoo!! Thats awesome. Great job. Diana

Sara said...

Cool ribbon! Congratulations!

Chris and Ricky said...

Congratulations! And what a cool ribbon!!

tervnmal said...

Congrats on the new CD! Love the rainbow ribbon. Now on to Open?

baystatebrumby said...

A dog named Fudge? That is wonderful.

TC said...

Congratulations!! It is a neat ribbon, glad you had a nice hike, it's FINALLY fall in TX.