Sunday, January 30, 2011

Back to agility

Scheduled agility break over, snow melted, four day weekend.  Must be time to get the girls back in shape for all the spring trials.  The first day back they seemed a bit rusty on their weaves but by day two they were running them quite well.  I was especially pleased with Lyric's poles-we were at a friend's house so it was a relatively new location, 12 poles (at 22 inches which is a spacing she's not used to) and after several weeks off and she did great.   I was also please with Legend's discrimination work.  Maybe it will be a good spring!

Of course now that we are getting back to training there is supposedly a huge storm coming.  No telling what will actually transpire but of course people are already freaking out buying up groceries like crazy.  We tend to just cross our fingers and hope it's not really going to be that bad.  Usually this works for us but someday I predict it may not!

We had a pretty productive weekend in addition to agility, I know what's more productive than agility?  I got some closets and cabinets cleaned and we got some shopping and errands done, plus cleaned up the barn and got a load of hay delivered.  No new pictures though, sorry.

Also, a request-as we continue along with our pet poisons series what toxins do you guys want to hear about?

2 comments:

Sara said...

I'd like to hear about mushrooms. I feed my dogs mushrooms from the store occassionally, but search my yard every summer and pull up any I find in the grass, for fear they are poisonous.

I guess I'm confused, because some herbal supplements for dogs have various mushrooms in them.

Nicki said...

That's a good one Sara-I'll work on it!