Saturday, January 29, 2011

Say Cheese...actually not just yet

After I finally had my wisdom teeth pulled last year my dentist told me about a new program they were offering called Six Month Smiles.  Basically it's a cosmetic braces system that straightens the teeth but does not correct your bite or align your jaw.  This makes it a simpler procedure with a shorter treatment time (average of 6 months) than conventional orthodontics.  This seemed like a fair enough deal to me so I got signed up and started yesterday.

Right now I only want to eat foods that don't need to be chewed and then only if I'm really hungry.  Fortunately it can only get better from here and in six months I should happily be saying "cheese!"

2 comments:

Sara said...

Cool stuff.

Hope your mouth feels better soon. I know with my conventional braces, they only hurt for a couple days after each tightening.

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

I had braces as an adult,I guess it was four or five years ago, bet you will be really happy you did it, sounds like a cool program ;-)