Sunday, January 16, 2011

Little things

We got an update from Leeloo's family-she's doing great and having lots of fun with her new brother.  She already started puppy classes and one of her classmates is her littermate Ranger-how cool is that.  Here are some pictures from her new family.

I got  a Toshiba netbook for Christmas and so far am loving the convenience.  Right now I'm blogging from the couch in front of the heater and the TV.  I also got a new video camera and can't wait to start getting some better footage of the girls doing agility.

Speaking of agility-their vacation is over and we should be back to training again this week...weather permitting.

Po is doing well here.  He's a really easy puppy, sleeps all night until I get up to take him out, always quiet and content in his kennel or x-pen and pretty well behaved in the house.  Only one accident so far-he really seems to get the potty outside idea.  He likes toys and other dogs and is not too over the top in energy although he can get pretty wound up at times.

My sister came down this weekend to do a Pampered Chef party for me this weekend.  We had a pretty good turnout and I think a decent show.  This morning we all went to Kohl's where we got a lot of good deals but spent way too much money, but isn't that always the case with Kohl's?

Lyric, when she's being bossy sometimes makes this really cute/funny growling barking noise.  I'm trying to teach her to do it on the command "sing" but I think it will be a long process.  So far it involves a lot of me carrying cookies around at all times saying" sing" hoping that it will coincide with the noise and then I shove a treat in her face.  She has gotten to the point that if I say "sing" she gets excited and knows I want something but she's not sure what yet.  I get a lot of begging and barking.  But I will be sure to get in on video when we finally get it mastered!

5 comments:

nancy r said...

My foster puppy must have gotten all of the spunk and oneriness for the whole litter. Easy, quite and laid back do not decribe Piper. While she is lots of fun to train, she keeps us on our toes!!!!!

Sue said...

Tsar and I have to get back to our singing and I'll try to get him on video. His sound is great.

Rob said...

I'm pleased to hear that you are enjoying your netbook, they are useful things and like you I sit with mine while watching TV. I tend to read and comment on a blog post during adverts.

tervnmal said...

Ahhhh, love Kohl's. I feel your pain.

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

I cant wait to see Lyric doing her sing on cue, it sounds cute. Glad Leeloo is doing well,that is neat she is in puppy class with a littermate. Po does sound like a very nice houseguest! Whoo hooo vacation over and back to agility training, I will cross my fingers for good weather for you!