Friday, October 26, 2012

Trial Results

I know, been a while right?  But we have a good one to report today.  Not only did Lyric do the teeter, table, and weaves-she actually got a Q in standard.  First one in a year!  She knocked a bar in jumpers though, so no such luck on the QQ.  She was kind of draggy today too.  Apparently Poms need to be "in the mood" to run fast.  Silly toy breeds.  But we'll take it.  And hope that she doesn't decide overnight that that the teeter is scary, the table boring and the weaves too hard!  We did a little heavily rewarded practice when we got home just to reinforce how great the teeter and table really are-trying to tip the odds in my favor as best I can.

Legend, on the other hand (or paw), continues to be my greatest source of pride and frustration at the same time.  She is easily the most successful agility dog I have had and yet has been chronically plagued with issues.  Just think if she didn't have all those issues.  Anyway, there was really no change as she picked up refusals at the dogwalk and the teeter.  She flew over the A-frame with reckless abandon, only hitting the contact by chance as she didn't even slow down at my command to "touch."  I have no additional theories or conclusions for this so I guess we'll just continue on with our training and see what happens.  The rest of her day was pretty nice and she had a really lovely jumpers Q.

Now to see what tomorrow holds...

3 comments:

cbandkona said...

OMG - that is so true about poms needing to be in the "mood" to run fast. You know they can let it and just go, but only if they want to. Maybe it's just the orange ones.

Nicki said...

I know right? The other day she came in from outside and did mad zoomies around the house for no reason. And then pokes around at the trial. Oh well, I know what i was getting into I guess!

cbandkona said...

They'd be mad fast if could get that speed in a trial. If only there was a way to harness the power of the zoomie, but with control.