Monday, February 11, 2013

Will Run For Chocolate

This weekend Cheri and I traveled to Dallas for the Hot Chocolate 15k.  The drive to Dallas from Springfield was, shall we say, less than scenic.  Easy, but dull.  Driving in Dallas however, is somewhat of a nightmare.  There is traffic at all hours of the day, even at 7 AM on a Saturday morning.  We were not quite prepared for this but managed to get where we wanted without too much trouble.

The race offered a 15k and a 5k with 3000-4000 runners in each race.  But, for being that large an event it was very well run and everything seems to go smoothly.  We ran the 15K and I finished almost a minute under my goal time of 90 minutes (it was 9.3 miles).  At the end there is a chocolate party. Everyone gets a bowl full of hot chocolate, and goodies to dip in fondue.  They had prepared over 800 gallons of hot chocolate and 1.75 tons of fondue.
And instead of another plain old race t-shirt, we got these!
My finish time put me at 1381 of about 3700 runners, 180/525 in my age group and 843/2778 females.
The best news is that the Hot Chocolate run is coming to St. Louis next year so we don't have to drive so far!

1 comment:

tervnmal said...

That's awesome! I might even take up running if there was chocolate fondue at the finish line! Congrats on finishing under your goal time, too!