Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Craft stuff

Although we do recycle our bottles and jars I saw some ideas online about how to use them for craft projects so I have been experimenting.

 Sorry for the poor photo quality-I was too lazy to get good shots.  Most of the sites recommended spray paint, but the first day I didn't have any so just used regular craft paint.  This is ok if you are just doing a smooth flat surface, but otherwise it's too hard to get smooth.

 These first two are from the first day.  I did some others as well, but I didn't like how they turned out.  These two I was pretty happy with.


Today I got some various spray paint colors.  I like how this cute little bottle turned out.  It has a handle but it's kind of obscured by the bow. 
For this one I stuck foam letters on before I painted it.  I tried this the other day with regular craft paint and it doesn't work.  You can't ever get it to look smooth.  It actually says "woof" but you can't quite tell in the photo because the letters are so big. 

The other thing I'm trying instead of the foam letters is to write or draw in puffy paint and then spray paint over it like the foam letters.  Right now my puffy paint is drying.  I'm not sure how I will like them-I think I need a different brand of paint that doesn't come out so runny or have such a wide spout.  I'd like to have better control of the paint.  The foam letters are nice, but you are kind of limited in size, font, and artistic flair.  Anyway, that's what I've been up to!

No comments: