Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Three

Yep. Three. That's the number of scent articles Zodiac can now do successfully-and he's not just getting lucky and grabbing the right one either-he's checking them all and then choosing the scented article. Maybe he can do this after all! I'm very excited about his breakthrough. The other exercises are coming along too. Maybe I will be able to enter utility at the specialty (notice I didn't say "qualify" just "enter").

Legend was very disappointed that class got rained out tonight but we did get to work on some obedience. I may try her in Novice again this fall to see if she has matured enough to get through the exercises. I also have her entered in 3 days of agility at the specialty and one day of Rally. Hopefully we will get some Excellent legs. We will be also be doing Novice Fast-we're late getting into that but we had a fun time the last time we tried it-which was our first attempt.

And now for the cat news-if you have been reading for dog/agility stuff you have probably been pretty bored lately as the cat has been consuming our lives! Anyway here is Icy before she got sick...
And here is poor Icy now. She has lost a pound (but ate well today) is matted and ratty where she does have hair and is clipped on her belly, sides, legs, neck, rear end, and underside of her tail! Oh well, it grows back and we can bathe her. I have let her out of the bathroom tonight to mill around the house and she has enjoyed that. Jelly is very disturbed that we have allowed "that thing" to return home!

2 comments:

Sue said...

Welcome to Dogs on Thursday.

Firefly Nights said...

I'm new to your blog so I don't know the history, but I'm so sorry your kitty has been ill.