Sunday, August 3, 2008

Weekend

Linda, Leslie and I attended the Gretchen Wilson concert at the Ozark Empire Fair on Friday night. It was super hot but we had a good time. My pictures still turned out a little fuzzy, even though we were in the 6th row-the best one is below. My parents spent part of the weekend with us and we had a good visit-despite the heat. This was their first time to see Spring, who is getting bigger all the time. I need to see how much she weighs now.

Icy is very much tired of staying in a crate so we went ahead and moved her to the bathroom. It gives her more space and us more sleep! There are a few things she can jump on and off in there but hopefully she won't get too rowdy. I think I will be pulling her IV and feeding tube tomorrow. She's eating pretty good, not much interest in dry food yet and I am still giving her appetite stimulants but I don't think at this point we will be in danger of needing the tube.

In other news Jelly has peed on our couch. This has made me very unhappy and promptly got her locked in the bathroom for most of the weekend. She has always had a fondness for peeing in laundry and dog beds and after multiple attempts to break her of this we just kept all the laundry locked up and got rid of all dog beds. She has never used the furniture before now but I guess all the other stuff she liked is gone. She has also used our chair but we rarely use the chair so that didn't bother me as much. So we gave in a filled a large litter box with a blanket and put it with the other litter boxes and have limited her access to the rest of the house and will be covering the couch. Hopefully we can get the cushion clean and hopefully she will like her new pee box enough that we can someday go back to normal. I do need to check her for a bladder problem but I suspect that is unlikely since she has always had something of an issue with this.

No comments: