Sunday, February 22, 2009

I'm in the wrong business

I'm always amazed at the price of having something custom framed. Even though I know it's not going to be cheap I'm always floored when they give me the actual price. At BC nationals I won a cute print in the raffle at the rescue benefit. It had a black and white BC and a red and white BC in a barn near a paint horse. Perfect for our bedroom. Today I dropped it off at Micheal's to be framed. I chose a plain green mat, simple wooden frame, and the lower end glass option. After my 55% off coupon the total was still almost $90. Amazing. So much for "winning" the artwork.

With Wiggles gone we opened the whole rabbit area up for Spring. I was afraid this added space would disrupt her litter box use but so far she is using her new freedom responsibly.
And here is Icy just looking adorable-she must have the sweetest face ever!

4 comments:

Sara said...

Framing is really expensive - but it always looks so much better when it is done by the "professionals".

Sue said...

That's why I have a stack of things waiting to be framed.

Katrina Hunt said...

aww, Icy looks very comfortable. so sorry about Wiggles...I know it was hard. have a great week.

drreneigh said...

Nicki, Now that I look closer, I can just see the grays showing up in the face of your older BC-he must be the one you mentioned on my blog the other day. What a distinguished older gentleman! Old dogs are the best!
Renee