Sunday, December 13, 2009

Deck the halls

This has been a busy, but I must say, highly productive weekend. Yesterday I worked (only one more Saturday left!) and then we picked up a Christmas tree. While we were at Lowe's we picked out paint colors for repainting the master bathroom-I'll post more about that project once I get started on it. Then we went to the Springfield Symphony's Holiday concert.

Today I did laundry, decorated the house, Jerry put up a few lights outside, I did more laundry, wrapped some presents, addressed Christmas cards, did more laundry and then we decorated the tree. And watched football.

I have to mention that Jelly-who has been living in the garage has started to become much more social again. We had always planned to let her come in during the evenings when we could watch her but for the longest time she didn't even want to. She seemed to be enjoying her privacy. Lately though, she is obsessed with coming in and wants to be in all the time. So she spends most evenings with us and usually hangs out in the morning while we get ready for work. But she goes back to the garage overnight and during the day. We still don't trust her. But doesn't she look innocent napping here?

4 comments:

Paint Girl said...

Jelly is adorable! Glad she is enjoying her time with you guys!
Your tree looks great!
I have been wanting to repaint my bedroom, ever since we had to re-model our master bath due to water damage, but just haven't been motivated enough to get it done!!

Diana said...

Very nice Chirstmas tress. Wow, you got a lot done. Diana

Chris and Ricky said...

Your tree is beautiful! Seems that Jelly is finally getting smart and wants to be inside with you guys (or maybe it's just too cold outside - lol!)

Sarah said...

very nice!!! i need to still do all those things!! though i did fill my cards out, just have to send them :) and the tree goes up this week too!