Monday, December 7, 2009

My big announcement

Some of you already know this but most of you don't have a clue. But then again most of you won't really care either since it won't affect you. It does however, have a big effect on me.

I quit my job. My last day at All Creatures will be later this month. I have not been truly happy there for a while and some recent events have prompted my to go ahead and make the decision to leave now.

I'm sad to leave my friends and patients but very excited to go on to something less stressful and less time consuming. I don't have to dread going to work every day and I can have weekends off if I want!

So what am I going to do? I'm planning on doing some relief work ("substitute veterinarian") for awhile until I find a more appropriate long term position in a different clinic. Wish me luck!

12 comments:

Sara said...

Good luck on finding a postion that enables you to look forward to going to everyday!

Good for you for not settling.

Diana said...

Thats so great that you have the confidence to move on. I know that dreaded going to work thing. Its a horrible feeling. Good luck with you new position. Diana

Smooth Sailin Agility said...

Good for you for being about to move on. It's got to be difficult to move into the unknown!! Best of luck!

Chris and Ricky said...

Yes, good luck! I'm sure you'll find something better when you are ready. My vet quit at the clinic she worked for (she didn't agree with the vet who owned the practice) and now, 6 months later, she is working at a practice that she absolutely loves!

tervnmal said...

Good luck and full speed ahead!

Greg S said...

Don't blame ya - you cant keep going to work hating it.

Nancy R said...

Good luck. I am sure you made a good decision. Several years ago I quit a job I did not really like but had stayed with it for many years do to the very nice paycheck. Finally I decided the paycheck was not worth all of the sacrifices I and my family was making. Moving on was the best decision I ever made even though I had to take a pay cut.

Dianne said...

Been there, too. Heck, I AM there, but don't have the courage to move on. Lots of luck!

manymuddypaws said...

good for you!!! sometimes it is tough to make that decision, but in the long run your happiness is worth it. You could always move to lethbridge. we need a good vet. :o)

Sue said...

I've been expecting this announcement, but it makes me very sad. I know the 'dread going to the job' feeling. Been there. I hope you find something that makes you happy. I'll miss having you there when we need you. Please stay in touch.

Lauren said...

Good Luck!!! I hope that means you'll have lots of time to blog!

Paint Girl said...

Good luck to you!!
I totally understand the not being happy with a job! I was so miserable at my last job! Now I am finally happy!