Thursday, December 3, 2009

Would have been

Today would have been Oreo's 15th birthday. For some reason I always thought I'd have him 15 years-almost made it. I guess some times you get quality over quantity. Anyway, to celebrate I thought I'd post a few more pictures of the years we did have.







I don't know if this song was really about a dog, but it always seemed to me like it should be...
My old friend,
I recall the times we had
hangin' on my wall
I wouldn't trade
them for gold
they laugh and they cry me,
and somehow sanctify me
they're woven in the stories I have told
and tell again...
...My old friend,
this song's for you
cause a few simple verses
is the least that I could do
to tell the world
that you were here
Cause the love and laughter
live on long after
all of the sadness and the tears
We'll meet again, my old friend
-Tim McGraw

7 comments:

Sue said...

I had never seen pics of Oreo when he was young. It's nice to look back at happy times. I lost Pylon 10 years ago today and the 17th will be the 8th anniversary of Bentley's death and of course last year on the 22nd we lost Monty. I guess that's why I'm having such a hard time with Samba getting so sick just now.

Greg S said...

Very nice pics of Oreo. He was a handsome boy. Here's to happy thoughts of him today.

Chris and Ricky said...

Thanks for sharing the cute photos of Oreo! We are thinking of him and of you today.

Sarah said...

really cool to see the photos of him, he looked like a wonderful guy!

tervnmal said...

What wonderful pictures and memories.

Smooth Sailin Agility said...

Time sure does fly!! What wonderful memories! They are always with you in your heart.

Sara said...

Awww, happy birthday Oreo. What a dog.