Sunday, September 8, 2013

Slow news week

A week ago wednesday I started feeling sick.  I had to work wed, thurs and friday anyway.  By saturday all I wanted to do was sit on the couch.  Which I did.  All day.  I forfeited my 10k entry fee. Sunday night we had concert tickets. I was feeling marginally better so I took 800 mg of Ibuprofen, loaded up on cough drops and hoped for the best.  I didn't feel great but I did have a good time, despite the unreal humidity.  I didn't take any pictures so you get spared that this time.  By Tuesday I was well enough to run some and it was back to work again.

This saturday day I went ahead and entered a 5K.  I wasn't feeling 100% but had a decent race.  But we weren't all that impressed with the organization of this one.  Unless you entered early you have to pick up your shirt at the running supply store in 2 weeks.  Um yeah, I'm not going to make a special trip over there for just another race t-shirt.  There were also no mile markers and no water stations on the course.  Granted I don't usually stop for water in a 5K but yesterday I might have.  And I'm there are others that would have as well.  Also they only gave out first place in each age group (naturally I got second).  I realize it was a small race but still-if you want people to come back next year you need to do better than this.

Today I got up early again to get in my long training run.  So now that I've got it out of the way I have the rest of the day to do whatever I want.  Which hopefully includes laundry and mowing. Also, some agility since I wasted yet another week not training while I was sick.  And we leave for champs in 3 weeks!

No comments: