Saturday, April 18, 2009

NADAC Day 1

We started off with open jumpers and had a really nice run other than the first bar down which is an oddity for Legend. Then off to novice chances which was also really nice and we got our second leg. Then I let Cheri run her in open regular and that went pretty well except for a missed weave pole and an off course tunnel-big surprise! Then I ran her in open regular round two and she seemed a little more stressed and had a few bobbles but finished with a really strong all out run. Novice touch and go started out slow but as we got to some tunnels her speed and enthusiasm were much improved but I sent her off course and we were discombobulated a bit after that. I'll probably have Cheri run her at least once tomorrow and depending on her stress level I may try doing a few obstacles then celebrate and either leave the ring or go on and do more of the course so she doesn't worry about having to do the whole thing before it's time to tug and play again.



Here's Legend and her friend Xena relaxing after a long day.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Your sentence "try doing a few obstacles then celebrate" really hit home for me.

Oreo's first trial is in two weeks. I think I am going to borrow that strategy, especially if he looks stressed out.

Diana said...

Sounds like everything is going great. Good luck today. Diana