Sunday, April 5, 2009

So it's gonna be that kind of day

Yesterday at work I was checking some things in the back when I heard quiet a commotion up front-someone came in off the street wailing and carrying on about not being able to breathe and went on to tell about her boyfriend beating her up and taking her money and she didn't want an ambulance but she wanted him arrested and apparently was making quite a scene. All in front of the clients who where trying to get nail trims and puppy vaccines taken care of before we got busy (did I mention it was not even 9AM?). Ultimately she laid down on the floor-still wailing and yelling and a crack pipe fell out of her pocket. Super. A quick call to 911 by the receptionist got the "situation" removed to the parking lot and ultimately resolved. I think they let her go but imagine they confiscated her drug paraphernalia.

Fortunately the rest of the day was quite calm.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Ahhh, the fun never stops at All Creatures. Glad I missed that one. I love giraffes, too.