Friday, May 1, 2009

Rain. Rain. Rain.

It has been raining here pretty much off and on since Wednesday. Which means class was rained out. I was actually a little relieved since all my work in the yard made me really sore and tired the next day. So I have spent the last 2 night relaxing and getting caught up around the house.


I did find out that I tied for second place in the contest over at Portuguese Water Blog. We had to identify all the dogs by photos of the feet. I got eight right which I felt pretty good about after I found out Robert only go 5 right and he lives with the dogs! Here's my cool prize-a little BC pouch and pin!





I made Oreo this fluffy bed tonight-it's basically a blanket that I stuffed before tieing it together. The old blanket he had been sleeping on kept leaving red fuzzies all over the floor so I made him something new. He seems to find it acceptable.













One of my favorite blogs is A vet's guide to life and he has been covering some of his pet peeves lately. I thought I would throw in one of mine...
When bad owners get new pets: There are some people out there who are just not good pet owners. They don't come in until their pet is really sick and then they don't usually want a thorough treatment plan-just a "band-aid" to make it better for the short term. They don't come in for regular exams, provide no dental care, at best are intermittent with vaccines, heartworm, and flea prevention and at worst leave the pet chained up in the yard for its whole life. So it makes me sad when these people get a new puppy or healthy young dog, all happy and wagging its tail, because I know what kind of life it will have down the road. Most of these people just don't get it that they are starting fresh and it will be so much easier and less expensive to prevent problems and treat them early. Instead they let their happy tail wagging puppy go on to live a sad life full of fleas, parasites, painful dental and joint disease, etc, etc. Poor dog-never saw it coming.

3 comments:

Sue said...

Pretty new bed for Oreo. It looks like he enjoys it.

Noah is a little wobbly tonight but he ate a little and he's sleeping in his crate in the office.

I'm glad you liked you prize. I couldn't resist them. It's a good thing I know people with dogs to buy these things for.

Paint Girl said...

I share this pet peeve with you!
It angers me so bad when I see or hear about people not taking care of their pets! We've had a couple big cases around here lately about puppy mills. The dogs (hundreds of them!) were taken away and guess what? The owners had the nerve to ask for their dogs back! They should be banned for owning a dog again, for life!
Love the bed you made for Oreo!

Elizabeth said...

That's my biggest pet peeve as well. Two of my 3 labradors I rescued from idiots like that. One I gave $50 to the guy to get him away from them. He lived in a crate 23 hrs a day, the other 1 hr they chained him outside to do his business then back in the crate. They said he was too wild. The other was from a neighbour who locked a 7 wk old puppy in a cage outside 24/7 without shelter. I managed to get him away from them when he was just a yr old. Thanks heavens I did, just 3 months later he was diagnosed with Typical Addison's. He would have died in that cage. But now those two boys do agilty, dock diving and are bossed around by my female lab and love every minute of it..