Sunday, May 31, 2009

Into the woods

We were inspired by out friends over at Busy Life blog and went for a hike in Mark Twain National Forest. We made this a dog free adventure since it was almost 90 degrees today. The park was beautiful-we stopped at a creek before turning around and had a snack, waded in the stream and relaxed.
We saw a lot of lizards-this was the biggest one and he let us take a picture!

The steam water was clear and cold-perfect for cooling down to get ready for the hike back. It was about 4-5 miles round trip.


6 comments:

Sue said...

It looks very pretty and relaxing.

April said...

I read that as 45 miles, I was like what! They must be in awesome shape to do that in one day.... That's what you get for reading while you should be in bed!

Anyways, it looks like gorgeous place. :)

Paint Girl said...

What a beautiful place! I haven't been hiking in years!
That is one big lizard!

CK said...

You got some great pics and looks like you had a good time. I will be off to Arizona hiking soon. I leave friday. I will post some pics of the adventure.

Sara said...

very cool little waterfall

I would never hike in 90 degree weather! That water must have felt great!

Soon to be Dr. T said...

Wow! That's very beautiful!