Sunday, October 31, 2010

It doesn't get any better

That really should have been a post for yesterday but I was too tired to write it up! So I'll start with yesterday's runs...

My girls were awesome! Legend got a Double Q and picked up more points than she ever has in one day. Her runs were slightly on the brink of out of control but she was listening well enough to run clean. Lyric was just a little star as well and picked up her open jumpers and novice standard titles! She needed two tries at the chute but blasted through like a champ on the second try! I'm pretty sure I could not stop smiling all the way home.

Today was very nice as well, although with a lower Q rate. Legend started it off with a bang getting another really nice standard Q on a fun course. Then Lyric went into the ring for her first excellent run! Most of it was nice but she didn't finish the weave poles and she had one lapse of attention where she went over to the ring gates to admire all her fans! Legend had a beautiful jumpers run with just one bobble-I must have dome something to push her out because she went around a jump and that's rare for her, but the rest was awesome. Then Lyric went into open standard and had a perfect run going (right through the chute-first try!) until the weave poles. Just couldn't weave today, but everything else was great.

Overall I'm super proud of both of them, but especially Legend. She ended up 4/6 with a QQ and 48 points. That's really good for her. But finally, after months of fretting, agonizing and stressing over this dog I think she has really turned a corner. She's running so happy and getting faster all the time and not acting stressed hardly at all. I'm having so much fun running her again and I think she is too!




4 comments:

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

wow, that sounds like an awesome trial, it is so neat when it all feels like has come together! Good JOB!---Kathy with Breeze/Liz/Cricket

Chris and Ricky said...

Congratulations on an amazing day!!! That is super great news about Legend running fast and happy and turning a corner - hope to see that with me and mom some day! And Lyric is already in Exc? Gosh - good girl!

Diana said...

That is awesome!!! Congrats!! Diana

Sara said...

What a great post! Yea Legend! I'm so happy for you.