Monday, November 10, 2008

Blankets

When I was at the trial this weekend there was a fellow agility person selling these cute fleece blankets to help pay for her dog's bilateral cruciate ligament surgeries. Since it was cute and fuzzy and purple and for a good cause I bought this one. Upon further inspection it appeared that all that was really done was to cut slits around the edges and then tie 2 pieces of fleece together. I decided that I might be able to do that.

So here is my first attempt. I had some leftover fleece from when I was making the dogs braided fleece toys. It took a bit to figure out what length to cut the strips and how to do the corners but I think now I could do a pretty decent job of it. And now the cats each have a new blanket. I'm sure they really care.

2 comments:

Sue said...

I bet the cats will like those, a soft blanket to curl up in and those floppy edges to play with at the same time. What more could a lazy cat ask for?

Anonymous said...

You can also stuff them with dacron to make cushions!

Lucky Cats!

Helen