Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Happy Birthday Legend!

Today is the day we celebrate Legend's birthday. We don't know the exact date but her original paperwork from the humane society where she was left gets us as close as late Nov or early Dec. Since Oreo's B-day is in December we arbitrarily chose today for Legend. She's 3 and the dogs will be having cake from Three Dog Bakery later today and some rawhide chewies.

Ever since discovering fuzzy tie-blankets I have been addicted to fleece. I bought these today for no apparent reason. I already have a pile of finished blankets in our computer room that I decided to add to my list of Christmas gifts. Some of this was on clearance and some I just liked. Plus, who couldn't use a nice Christmas blanket for decorating? I'm sure I can find somewhere in our house to put it. After all, we do try to add a few Christmas things each year.





Here is a picture of our bonfire from Sunday night-we finally decided to finish burning our brush but unfortunately we didn't realize how windy or dry it was until after we had a roaring blaze in our pasture. It burned down pretty quick but not until after we started a small grass fire that we had to put out with the hose. The horses were less than impressed with the entire episode but everyone survived ok.

Even though we purchased a more powerful electric fencer the horses (probably Moses) have been trying to disassemble their corral at night. So I spent part of my afternoon off tightening, repairing, and reinforcing the fence-again. Squirt followed along behind me and carefully supervised to make sure I did it right. He's always a big help with projects around the barn and pasture.

I also got a photo taken for our Christmas cards but I will not post it until Christmas. It turned out pretty cute, I just wish the yard looked more wintery to make a better background, but I guess I can't control that part.

3 comments:

Sue said...

I like the fleece. Tomorrow you can tell me where you found it.

I've been trying to take pics for Christmas cards, too. I agree it doesn't look very seasonal outside, but my big problem is getting everyone to stand still.

Greg S said...

Happy made-up birthday Legend! I had to pick an arbitrary birth date when I ILP'd my rescue agility dog - wish I knew how old he really is.

We just put up 5' tall 2"x4" block fence for our disrespectful horses, who would decide the 5 wire fence was just to inviting to stick their heads through and push it up or down mangling it. The donkey would just step through it after the horses loosened it up. Try escaping now! Ha!
They still think the grass is greener on the other side, even though its all brown and dead.

Diana said...

I used the fleece to make a pillow a while ago. Just take a pillow , the cover it with the fleecce and tie the sides together just like you would the blankets. It turns out very cute. Let me know if you want me to post a picture. Diana