Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sunday

We have had a quiet and relaxing weekend for a change. I worked yesterday and the day went very smoothly, mostly vaccines, a flea allergy dog, and a sick cat I sent to the emergency clinic for ICU care over the weekend. Our last appointment was the most interesting-a puppy presenting for matted, swollen eyes. I suspected it would be just another run of the mill conjunctivitis but it turned out to be a much less common condition known as "puppy strangles"-an immune medicated skin condition requiring a lengthy course of steroids and antibiotics as treatment. It did give me a chance to use our new injectable antibiotic-one injection lasts 2-3 weeks.

Then after work it was off to play with puppies! MOKAN recently pulled a mama dog and her three babies from animal control and yesterday was picture day for mom and babies. The pups are all adorable and mom is a great dog-loveable, playful and gets along with other animals. One puppy is very small and not as active so we are giving it special attention and supplementing her nursing with formula. Hopefully she will do ok and start getting stronger.

Once I got home I took our pups out to play then we watched TV and a movie and ate dinner. Today we went to church and then Jerry watched football while I worked on a Christmas present. I also have been putting a big dent in the tremendous amount of laundry that has been building up. Plus I made these fleecy rope toys for the dogs with some scraps I had.

Legend and Zodiac love them but in addition to tugging (which is hard enough on toys) they both like to gnaw them into shreds-especially Legend-so they don't last long. I think I will only give them out one at a time so they don't destroy them all in one day.

1 comment:

Sue said...

No puppy pictures?