Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Busy

I had a busy day off-maybe it would not have seemed so busy if I had gotten up before 11. Anyway, when I did finally manage to get up I realized I must have slept in some sort of torture position because my neck was (and is still) very stiff and painful.



I started with getting laundry and dishes started, vacuumed the rabbit's carpet, cleaned the sinks (they were a little crusty-hard water), and then off to do some errands. I stopped at the bank do deposit my check (well, part of my check-seems someone forgot to notify payroll of my raise...) and then to Hobby Lobby where everything I needed was 50% off! I got some more marbles to finish my vase project for the kitchen but also got some fake grapes to stuff into the biggest jar because 1) it would take a ton of marbles to fill it and 2) I thought it might look cool. Here's how it turned out-I thinks it looks neat.

Of course I have a bunch of extra marbles because I was not sure if I would like the fruit idea and I didn't want to have to make another trip for more marbles. I guess I just need more vases now!



I also got some flowers so I could redo an aging and dusty arrangement we had in the living room. I recycled some of the greenery but the rest of this is new (well, the vase is old). I couldn't get it to look quite right but it's ok for now. I think it might need some more filler and for my mom to work on it next time she is here.

I also got the floor mopped and worked Legend in agility until I got cold. I was going to rearrange my equipment but I forgot I was going to do that until I was really ready to come in. Maybe next week.

3 comments:

Sara said...

I may be mistaken, but the grapes in the vase seem to match your wallpaper perfectly! I think it looks great.

Diana said...

wow you got a lot done! I think the vase looks great. Diana

Nicki said...

No Sara-you are not mistaken, that was my idea!