Sunday, January 11, 2009

To elaborate



I woke up yesterday with that " I think I'm getting sick feeling" and drug myself off to work leaving Jerry to feed the horses since he got to sleep in a little. I received a call at work from him to tell me that Moses had pushed over an apparently rotted off post in the one area of the corral that is not electrified and had been running loose in the yard and down the road. He returned to the pasture to eat and Jerry put a temporary fix on the fence.


I returned home from work and went right to bed. When Jerry came home we investigated the fence some more. I reinforced the broken area with some chain and baling twine (I know what you're thinking and yes, it does look classy!) until a good day for digging a hole and pouring concrete comes along. We also used the volt meter to evaluate our electricity and found the whole fence pretty much dead. It seems the junction between the wire coming from the fencer and the electric polyrope had sparked so many times it was burnt all the way through. After replacing this the current was better but not consistent through the whole fenceline. But it was a start and too cold to do more so we left the horses free in the pasture until more repairs could be made in hopes that they will not be tempted to break free if they have all the field to roam in.


By this time I was running a fever and we spent the rest of the day in bed. I'm feeling quite a bit better today and we were even able to get out and about to run some errands. Jerry needed a new coffee pot and since we had a Kohl's coupon (big surprise) we headed there after checking the clinic and making a stop at Staples (Wal-Mart apparently does not carry pocket calculators). And we actually left with only the coffee pot and some new filters-yeah us!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Glad you are feeling better.

I think Kohl's may be disappointed in you....

Diana said...

Im glad you are starting to feel better. I hope the fence thing works too. What do the neighbors think when the horses are out. Do you get calls ? Ha!! Diana