Wednesday, January 21, 2009

More old photos

I don't have any new photos so here are some old ones...

Lazy dogs with glowing eyes (hard to get rid of those, darn it). Notice the very cool carpet we had in our previous house-no, we did not pick it out. Actually the vast majority of the house was pink when we moved in. We painted the walls but left the carpet since we couldn't afford to replace it.
And from the "don't try this at home" collection. Don't worry, I posed them and made them stay for the photo, then removed them safely!
I forgot to mention that we had our carpet cleaned on Saturday and since it only took 45 minutes and they look significantly better I must say it was well worth the $85. As an added benefit our house still smells a little like oranges (which was obviously the flavor of the cleaner they used-it was really potent the first few hours). The dogs were bummed because they spent most of the day locked up in the computer room (the only one we did not have cleaned) while the carpets dried.

Tomorrow we (well, the dogs) will be featured on "Dogs on Thursday" so you can check that out if you want but it's basically a repeat of their "stories" that I have posted on this blog but with updates. Alternatively if you have not read them they are linked to their photos to the right here.

An update from Peyton's mom indicates that she is doing great and is basically the center of their world-I'm so glad everything worked out so well for her.

5 comments:

Greg S said...

Ha - two dog agility. We have accidentally played that many times through tunnels and over dogwalks, though we haven't had it on the teeter yet!

Sara said...

My two dogs have ended up in that position by mistake. Oreo got very upset when the teeter wouldn't go down. He didn't realize Misty was on the other end.

Nothing like clean carpets!

Natalie Rush said...

Awesome pictures. Your spotlight on DOT is awesome!! I'm just starting Abby back into Obedience in hopes our next class will be Agility. I think she'd be great. She's a Golden who loves to work. Any good advice you have for someone just starting out? Anything we should focus on now that will help us?

Thank you for the great spotlight!

Gnat

Dianne said...

Love your spotlight on Dogs on Thursday this week! You have some beautiful, accomplished dogs, and they are all lucky to have found a home with you!

Marjie said...

I too love the seesaw picture. And what would a dog picture without glowing eyes be, anyway? They all seem to come out that way.

Thanks for visiting me, and for the tip on Revolution. The vet I had when my last cat died, 15 years ago, said nothing could be done except to treat the dog's ears. Maybe if a little orange kitten comes my way, I'll bring him home to Thor! Happy Dogs on Thursday, a day late!